Meet Xólotl! / ¡Conozcan a Xólotl!

/
0 Comments
Hello Friends!


My name is Xolotl! I'm the Aztec God of Duality, Transformations, Shamans, Misfortune and Monsters. 

Legends tell I'm Quetzalcóatl's twin, but I can change into a lot of things, plants and animals. As a Dog God I descended with Quetzalcoatl to Mictlan (the underworld) to steal some bones so he could create the mankind.

When the fifth Sun (our current Sun) was created it didn't move at first. The Sun asked the Gods to sacrifice themselves so he could move, all of them agreed but I tried to hide and escape. So I transformed myself into a double sprout of maize (xolotl), then I turned into a double maguey (mexolotl), finally I became an axolotl.

"Xolotl God is within the axolotl"

Alfredo López - Austin

¡Hola Amigos!

¡Yo soy Xólotl! Soy el dios Nahua (Azteca) de la Dualidad, de las Transformaciones, de los Brujos, de la Mala Suerte y de los Monstruos.

Las leyendas cuentan que soy hermano gemelo del Dios Quetzalcóatl, pero puedo tomar la forma de varios objetos, plantas y animales. Como Dios Perro acompañé a Quetzalcóatl al mundo de los muertos, el Mictlán, para robar los huesos con los que él creó a los humanos.

Cuando fueron creados la luna y el quinto sol (nuestro sol actual), este no se movía. El sol pidió el sacrificio de los Dioses para poder moverse, todos ellos aceptaron, pero yo traté de esconderme y escapar. Así que me transformé en una planta de doble maíz (xolotl), luego en doble maguey (mexolotl) y finalmente en ajolote (axolotl).

"El ajolote lleva dentro de sí al Dios Xólotl"

Alfredo López - Austin





You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.